My new learning in Math 8+ this year included factoring and quadratics. More specifically, the different methods to factoring quadratics (such as the diamond problem method, the rectangle method, and factor by parts), and the different methods to solving quadratics (such as using Desmos, square root, factoring, and the quadratic equation). Before this school year, I didn't know anything about quadratics; however, now I am very comfortable with this concept.
I really understand the different types of functions, ranging from linear relationships to exponential relationships, to quadratic relationships. I know how to recognize which relationships are which and how to find the equation from a graph and/or table. I can use this knowledge to solve a variety of applied problems.
Over summer break, I should learn how to solve systems of equations with exponents and how to solve three equation systems of equations. I should review and practice quadratics, especially the special cases and the ways to find the solution because I feel that practicing these things will help me become less careless and a better learner in 9th grade.
Looking at all my tests and my mistakes from those worked well in preparing for the End-of-Year Test test. I felt that this method worked because I would know what to focus on so that I wouldn't make the same mistakes again. If I got a question correct on a previous test, I know that I understand that concept, which means that I wouldn't have to focus on it as much. I also just looked at all the notes I took throughout the whole year and compiled them into one sheet which made it easier to review. Overall, I feel that I did pretty well studying for the EOY test.
This year, I learned that taking notes is very very important. On top of studying the concepts I'm unfamiliar with more, to better prepare for tests in high school, I should continue taking notes on new information and continue analyzing my formative and summative tests, keeping in mind the concepts from the questions I got wrong. This would help me with EOY exams just like the one I took this year (8th grade).
The Learning Behaviors I will focus on improving is reflection because I feel that reflecting on my learning is a key to success. I will continue to ask questions and get help whenever I need help understanding a concept.
No comments:
Post a Comment