1.What did you learn about thinking like a historian?
I learned how to look carefully at the source your looking at before you use it. Two great filters are SCAN and FILT-R. I also learned what we look at to make sure the source is reliable. Finally, I learned how to spot discrepancies.
2.What do you like about historical thinking?
It is a cool way to check if a source is reliable.
3.What do you find challenging about historical thinking?
If you don't have any background about the place, it is hard to find discrepancies. For example, if a painting of Greece was painted during 500 BCE, you wouldn't be able to tell if that would be a good source to use or not, looking at time.
4.How have you grown as a historical thinker?
I know so much more after we learned about historical thinking. Before, I would've just used a source that looks reliable. I wouldn't look at the date or author. Now, I look closely at the date and author to see if the source I'm looking at is reliable.
5.What’s next?
Before examining a source, I should have a background about the place/civilization.
No comments:
Post a Comment