Thursday, 29 September 2016

Climbing Reflection



One thing I thought I did well during my climb was that I used both my arms and legs to climb up the wall instead of only pulling myself up with my arm strength. However, I could improve my technique by using more leg power to get up the wall by pushing myself up with my legs and then reach higher with my arms. I felt that I kept my body close to the wall most of the time until the wall became steeper and I started hanging, which caused my arms to get strained. I could also work on saving my energy for the harder parts of the wall - the part where the wall gets really steep and I start to hang - so that I could get higher up the wall instead of falling quite low in the wall due to fatigue.

Overall, I feel that my climbing has improved in the short three days we've been in the climbing gym, and that it has significantly become better since the first time I've been in the gym in sixth grade. In sixth grade I only could climb up to the red line, now I can go way higher. This improvement is one thing I'm very proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment