Friday, 17 January 2014

Sharks

After about a month of hard work and fighting against problems, it all comes to this. My first non-fiction. It is about sharks. I'd like to thank Mrs. Clayton and Ms. Lynch for helping me with both my writing and the problems on the computer.

I learned a lot about non-fiction. One thing I learned during non-fiction was using an app called pages. We used pages for the layout. At first I thought non-fiction was boring because all we were doing was getting facts from books. Later on in the writing process, I started to think that non-fiction wasn't that boring. Then when we went into pages, I thought that non-fiction was actually was fun.


4 comments:

  1. That is a really good intro to your pages doc. I'm not able to see your pages doc. because it is still on private mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice intro to the story. It really bridged me in to the story. I also liked how you described what food they killed sharks for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree your intro was amazing. This was interesting reading this cause I didn't know these and I learned a lot.

      Delete
  3. Hey Johan, I'm so glad you ended up enjoying the Non-Fiction unit. I think being able to choose a topic that you liked was a big part of that. You did a pretty good job organizing the different sections of your writing. However, there wasn't much to your piece. I think with the amount of time given, you should've been able to write A LOT more than you did. Keep working on building your writing stamina. You choose some really interesting pictures to help illustrate your piece. Make sure you put captions on them so we know what it is we're looking at and why you put the picture in there in the first place. Overall, you're progressing with your writing skills.

    ReplyDelete